Who we are
IELSG is part of the Foundation for the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR), a Swiss-based not-for-profit foundation, which includes two other entities: Istituto Oncologico di Ricerca (IOR) and International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma (ICML).
This statement explains how and why we are processing the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
What data do we collect?
Depending on the type of services you use from us, we collect the following personal data:
1) Personal data (first and last name, profession, institute/organization/company of employment and professional address, phone number, e-mail address) if you register for the IELSG Meeting or subscribe to the IELSG Newsletter;
2) technical metadata (IP address, browser version, operating system): if you use our website.
The collected data is only used for the respective purpose.
A private address is optional. No health, government, or other kinds of more sensitive information is collected.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide IELSG with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily complete or provide feedback on any of our contact forms or via email.
- Register online for any of our services (Meetings, Membership, …).
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
IELSG collects your data so that we can:
- Send you our Newsletter
- Send you fundamental details on the IELSG Meeting when your register for it.
- Email you with the information and services we think you might be interested in, including information regarding the International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma (ICML).
When IELSG processes your order, it may send your data and use the resulting information.
How do we store your data?
IELSG securely stores your data in Switzerland where IELSG Headquarters is located. IELSG holds the title of Data Controller with respect to the personal data submitted through its own website. In the event of incidental data breach, IELSG is responsible for notification and the measures taken will relate to the IELSG Data Breach Guideline.
IELSG will keep your personal data (first and last name, profession, institute/organization/company of employment and professional address, phone number, e-mail address) for twenty years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data from our database.
What are your data protection rights?
IELSG would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request IELSG for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that IELSG correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request IELSG to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that IELSG erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that IELSG restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to IELSG’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that IELSG transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +41 58 666 73 21
Or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- to recognize your computer when you visit the website
- to improve the website’s usability
- to understand how you use our website
- to enhance maps and social sharing
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies used on the website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Please note that our websites contain links to third-party websites that are not controlled or operated by IELSG. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that IELSG does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review these policies before you disclose any personal data when visiting such third-party websites.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. maps, videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us and the appropriate authority
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +41 58 666 73 21
Or write to us at:
Foundation for the Institute of Oncology Research
Via Vela, 6